When it comes to consumer protection law, the best defence is offence
Authorities are increasingly targeting markets they perceive not to be acting in the best interests of consumers. Our specialist lawyers work with you closely to ensure you comply with consumer protection laws.
We guide you through contracts procedures and campaigns to ensure compliance. And you benefit from our law firm’s wide experience of best practice in consumer protection issues from different industries.
We advise on:
- Unfair terms
- Advertising campaigns and claims
- Marketing and sales practices (to help you avoid breaches of trade practices and privacy laws)
- Privacy and spam compliance, which are both critical in today’s advertising environment
- Distance selling and other e-commerce regulations.
We advise on many of the most high profile cases in the market. Work highlights include advising:
- Holden in an ACCC case against Saab concerning green marketing
- Telstra on the vast majority of its advertising campaigns for over a decade
- Nintendo in relation to the marketing of its video games and other products
- LeapFrog in relation to the marketing of the LeapPad tablet
- A multi-national fashion design house in relation to branding and advertising issues, including successfully dealing with complaints about advertisements to the UK Advertising Standards Authority.
"King & Wood Mallesons is one of the key law firms in the competition sphere and the norm is rapid responses, deep industry knowledge and well-targeted advice."