You can rely on our expertise to reduce your risk and resolve your disputes.
Leading real estate developers, project sponsors and engineering firms rely on King & Wood Mallesons to help them manage risk and successfully resolve disputes and disruptive challenges to their business and projects - wherever practicable, without resort to litigation.
Clients have benefited from our experience in all facets of dispute resolution, application of ADR processes (mediation, conciliation) and our experience in litigation, arbitration and adjudication in real estate.
We advise blue chip commercial landlords and tenants, developers, contractors, investors, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners around the world on:
- Dilapidations disputes
- Property-related insolvency
- General contractual disputes
- Rent reviews
- Lease renewal and possession claims
- Debt recovery.
Our experience of real estate disputes includes:
- Advising on preventing unlawful parking by residents alleging rights over an access way crucial to the development of the former Commonwealth Institute site in Kensington, London
- A large dilapidations claim against a law firm, with proceedings commencing and being settled just before trial – on favourable terms for our client
- Acting on disputes regarding damages for abusively terminating negotiations on the purchase of an real estate asset in France
- Acting on disputes in relation to rent recovery, early termination of tenancy agreement which very often leads to an amicable settlement in France
- Property dispute over a purchase in the Bahamas (subject to old UK law) and appeal to the Privy Council in London.
"The Property Litigation team is commercial, client-driven and practical."
"King & Wood Mallesons fields a team of ‘strategic litigators that is highly conscious of, and responsive to, its clients’ needs."