At the forefront of change, navigating complex regulation and mitigating your risk.
Superannuation regulations are complex and ever-changing. In this fast-moving space, we offer you cross-practice insight gained from advising all parties across retail, industry, government and corporate funds.
From trustees, to sponsoring employers, custodians, investment managers, life insurance companies and advisory intermediaries – all of our clients benefit from our depth of resources, international reach and ability to draw together expertise across corporate M&A, funds, tax, capital markets, competition and more.
Our experience and expertise in relation to pension and superannuation laws includes:
- Developing, reviewing and amending trust deeds to ensure compliance with rules and legislation
- Advising trustees on their powers and obligations
- The product, licensing, distribution, technology and intellectual property aspects of new, restructured and integrated funds
- All aspects of life insurance and disability claims
- Advising on superannuation risk management and governance issues such as duty to act in the interest of beneficiaries, general law duties, income tax issues, and stamp duty
- Developing and reviewing investment management and custody agreements
- Advising on all taxation issues
- Tax dispute resolution
- Liaising with authorities, including mediation and other avenues to explore resolution to compliance disputes.
"In demand for its comprehensive range of expertise across the funds and regulatory spaces in combination with its finance, capital markets and tax know-how. Well positioned to offer assistance on both inbound and outbound investments."